Have you been taking actions this week to show love? If you’re a little stuck, try the 5 senses practice.
I heard about the 5 senses exercise as a way to increase gratitude. It’s a smart idea to instantly amp up your practice. Instead of finding one or two things to be grateful for every day, find one for every one of your senses. Are you a little rusty since grade school? Here they are:
Now think about finding five ways to show your friends and family how much you love them (and put yourself on the Love List). You could:
- Make or serve one of their favorite foods;
- Use essential oils to make an aromatherapy blend for your home;
- Take them out for a walk, appreciating the beauty of the season. By the way, Germans like me keep our visual delight bar simple – a clean kitchen counter is a thrill;
- Listen to great music (or maybe just hit the mute button on your TV remote during annoying commercials); or
- Ward off the Winter chill by wrapping up in a cozy blanket.
You’re creative – get going! This weekend, make the 5 senses practice your own.