The Summer’s half over – can you believe it? It’s time to get serious about that getaway.
Ah, but what to take? Here are 5 hacks to make your Summer vacation easier.
- Keep The Party Going (and the power). You’ve probably read it elsewhere, but it’s worth repeating. Always keep your phone charger in your personal item (not your luggage) and get a portable power pack. Running out of juice is a buzzkill!
- Don’t forget the extras. Pack some basic toiletries and a few extra clothes, just in case your flight is delayed or cancelled due to weather. I have a colleague who left for a “day trip” in San Francisco and came back 3 days later. In between exhausting business meetings, he spent a lot of money buying clothes at Macy’s and running to the drugstore.
- Re-create what works for you at home. If you do well in order and routine, give yourself some props on the road. I like to keep a see-through envelope on hand. It holds event tickets when I’m going and keeps all my receipts in one place so I can shred them when I get home. Do you randomly drop things around your hotel room? For less than $10, Amazon has an organizer that will keep your room key, phone charger, rental car keys and paperwork, etc. together. Problem solved!
- Activity Bag. Dorothy the Organizer recommends outfitting yourself just like a little kid in her article, “Favorite Organizing Tips for Stress Free Travel“. What do you need to keep you happy? Pack protein filled snacks, puzzles, movies, audio books or a travel guide to your destination.
- Stock up on dollar bills. Keep a separate envelope with dollar bills. You’ll never be stuck for a tip for your shuttle driver and the housekeeping staff again.