If January was hit and miss for you, today is your reboot: It’s the Lunar New Year!
What can you expect during the Year of the Dog? An uptick in sincerity, loyalty, and friendliness. (No biting allowed and keep the growling to a minimum!)
It’s easy to join in the celebration:
- Clean your home from top to bottom;
- Sweep the house, starting at the front door and ending at the back (where you symbolically sweep last year’s energy into the past);
- Open the back door at midnight and release all the stress from last year;
- Buy fresh flowers for abundance, especially red; and
- Place a bowl of oranges in the kitchen or dining room for good luck.
Auspicious dishes include fish (symbolizing prosperity), noodles (long life) and dumplings (wealth). Don’t forget to add a little spice or chili peppers in, so you have a zesty year!
Above all else, have fun! Make your home a place of joy. That’s irresistible to good fortune.
Gung Hay Fat Choy!